Want to save 11% on project & programme costs?
Research from PMI®, published in the 2015 edition of the highly valued Pulse of the Profession®, states that organisations continue wasting US$109 million for every US$1 billion invested in projects and programmes. That’s almost 11%!
Luckily the research also shows that organisations who embrace, value, and utilise project management — and both recognise and attribute their success to it — report more success, less waste and achieve greater competitive advantage.
So how do you change from being an organisation that wastes 11% on projects and programmes to a successful organisation? Here’s your to-do list:
1. Fully understand the value of project management
2. Have actively engaged executive sponsors
3. Align projects to strategy
4. Develop and maintain project management talent
5. Establish a well-aligned and effective Project Management Office
6. Use standardised project management practices throughout the organisation
Overwhelmed? Here are some examples of how CUPE can help you complete your to-do list:
1. Fully understand the value of project management:
Have project management fitted to your organisational needs in a bespoke project management method.
2. Have actively engaged executive sponsors:
Utilise the CUPE Consultant service to provide project sponsor coaching.
3. Align projects to strategy:
Start with making better decisions quicker through improving your Business Cases. Utilise Portfolio Management to align initiatives to strategy
4. Develop and maintain project management talent:
Our trainers and consultants are available to share their profound knowledge and experience as coaches for your staff.
5. Establish a well-aligned and effective PMO:
Get started with our Rapid On-site PMO Set-up service or benchmark your existing PMO with our PMO Health Check.
6. Use standardised project management practices throughout the organisation:
Sign up key staff for any of our best practice courses or a bespoke course for your organisation.
Will investing in any of the options above result in substantial and measurable savings as promised in Pulse of the Profession? Yes, and we will proudly show you how CUPE has made this happen for many clients already. Contact us and we’ll share our story.