Earned Value Management
Earned Value Management (or EVM) is designed to
- improve project planning and control
- help project teams ask the right questions, and
- make better decisions.
It clarifies project progress using realistic measures and provides objective cost and schedule forecasts to completion.
If you work on contracts with the US Government, UK and other Defence Departments and many suppliers or utilities organisations, you are likely to need to provide EVM information to support your contract. More and more organisations are recognising the benefits of EVM when working with partners or suppliers, but may not have the experience or capacity for full implementation.
- Pre-implementation assessment of Project Planning and Control systems
- Create an Earned Value Management System for use by the organisation or project
- Develop the EVM baseline against which progress will be measured
- Baseline Review to assess any changes which are needed, once the work begins
- Assess progress of delivery against the plan
- Analyse the value being delivered
- Report on progress, variances and forecasts
- Agree changes to the plan, as required
- Agree actions to improve EVM and deliver to plan
Earned Value integrates the project costs, schedule, risk and technical work to enable realistic assessment of progress. Whether your project is managed using an Agile, Traditional or a bespoke method Earned Value can improve outcomes.
CUPE has the experience to adapt EVM, so whether you work in a Government department, IT Services or Software, Shipbuilding or a University Scientific Research programme, we enable project teams to make better decisions, throughout the project lifecycle.
Set up a call with a CUPE Consultant for a free initial discussion about your unique situation.
CUPE Consultants will reduce Earned Value pain and provide you with peace of mind!